التخطي إلى المحتوى الرئيسي

Comedian Nate Bargatze reveals biggest failing as car owner in unlikely new role

FIRST ON FOX — Comedian Nate Bargatze, the Tennessee native and dad who has made a name for himself with his clean-cut, family-friendly comedy, is stressing relatability, simplicity and trust as he moves into a new realm. 

He's the average guy who doesn't know it all — and freely admits he needs help. 

Bargatze says in a new ad, "Look, I don’t know how to take care of my truck. But the technicians at Ford Service — they do."

NATE BARGATZE REVEALS FAMILY-FOCUSED VISION BEHIND $350M NASHVILLE THEME PARK AHEAD OF HIS FIRST MOVIE RELEASE 

The Ford Motor Company on Monday announced Bargatze as the face of a new "Real Parts. Real Pros. Real Easy" customer service campaign.

"I haven't really done a lot of stuff like this," the comedian told Fox News Digital in a recent on-camera interview.

He said that when Ford asked him about being involved, "I was super excited. I'm a big Ford [fan]. I have a Ford Bronco. I love Ford — it's an iconic company. They've been around for a long time."

He said everyone wants "people they can rely on" — and "I think Ford's done the best at it. And especially with their service business, I think they're doing a great job. It's an iconic brand that's also evolving and moving forward."

Bargatze said he likes that the company is making the servicing of cars "simple for you, and they use all real Ford parts. ... The pros are trained by Ford." 

NATE BARGATZE TAKES CLEAN COMEDY TO BIG SCREEN WITH ‘THE BREADWINNER’ 

He said his Ford Bronco "gets fixed a lot easier when they come to your house."

The campaign is leaning into his relatable humor to make vehicle service feel less intimidating, the Dearborn, Michigan-based company said — while highlighting its parts, factory-trained technicians and convenient-to-consumer service options.

For the average American today, Bargatze said that "everything is so polarizing, and everything is so extreme and life or death. But you know — not that [certain] things aren't serious — but [a lot of life] is people just taking their kids to school, and they've got to drop off three kids, and then you've got a soccer game and a baseball game. And, you know, you're just living life."

He said things in today's world have been "sped up, and it's been speeding up more and more. So I think people want to take a breath, they want to take a step back. Not everything needs to be so polarizing. Things can still be just simpler, and I've seen that with the tour that I go on."

‘SHUT UP AND LISTEN’ — TRACE GALLAGHER SHARES ‘UNEXPECTED’ WISDOM LEARNED FROM BEING A ‘GIRL DAD’ 

He does not include politics in his stand-up routines. 

"You know, it's a ton of people [just] coming out, and they get to have fun, and they get to laugh ... and I want to be there for them."

CLICK HERE FOR MORE LIFESTYLE STORIES

He said he believes his comedy shows are a time for people to "take a break, and it's a moment to not worry about the stresses of your life."

That's the parallel he sees with Ford, he said. 

"It fits! Ford has their parts. So when you buy a Ford car, it's not complicated. You have it [all] from one place. The people that are making it — they're coming to help fix your car or take care of your car. It is from Ford. So I think it's a big trust issue."

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER

He added, "It's their values and what they stand for and the trust that they have — that's exactly what I want to do with making movies [and] doing stand-up. I want people to be able to rely on it and know what to expect, and not be surprised by it. And just be trusted."

TEST YOURSELF WITH OUR LATEST LIFESTYLE QUIZ

His approach to comedy, he said, is simple and down to earth.

"I make fun of me. I make fun of myself ... and I try not to go outwards."

He said, "When you keep it that simple, that's why it works. No one feels like when they come to the show that it's going to be about them, or that I'm going to be making fun of something that they like or don't like — whatever it is. I'm just talking about me and my family and stuff that we go through, the everyday kind of things."

He added, "I think that's why people can relate to it now. ... And I think stand-up comedy can stand the test of time. It can't get any more authentic than just a person talking to an audience."

Peter Burke of Fox News Digital contributed reporting. 



source https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/comedian-nate-bargatze-reveals-biggest-failing-car-owner-unlikely-new-role

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Jacob Rodriguez talks 'special connection' with wife, Emma, a US Army helicopter pilot, ahead of NFL Draft

NFL Draft prospect Jacob Rodriguez is going to have a pretty cool job to tell people about when he’s taken next week by an NFL team to begin his professional football journey. But if you were to ask Rodriguez, his wife, Emma, has the coolest job in the family . "Any time I get the chance to talk about her is the best. Every time I get the chance to tell people what she does for a living, they’re blown away, and rightfully so," Rodriguez told Fox News Digital during a recent interview. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM Emma Rodriguez is a 15A Aviation Officer in the United States Army. She flies the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter. While Jacob was chasing his football dreams at the University of Virginia before transferring to Texas Tech, Emma, his high school sweetheart, was a West Point cadet. So, it only seemed right for them to partner with USAA , the official "Salute to Service" partner of the NFL, ahead of Jacob’s start in pro football to he...

Jim Gaffigan says comedy audiences are tired of political drama and just want to laugh again

Comedian Jim Gaffigan revealed in an interview why he's mostly steering clear of politics in his stand-up material these days. Gaffigan told Variety that comedy fans don’t attend stand-up shows to hear lectures. They go to escape the real world and simply laugh at silly jokes. When the interviewer mentioned the recent crossover between comedy and politics, Gaffigan responded, "People are coming to a show to have a break from some of this drama. That’s not to say there aren’t great comedians who talk about social commentary. The spirit of George Carlin is very important."  And he recalled his political jokes after President Donald Trump's first election victory in 2016 not landing how he'd imagined. COMEDIAN DUSTY SLAY REVEALS HOW FAITH AND SOBRIETY PAVED THE ROAD TO HIS STAND-UP SUCCESS "I remember when Trump was first elected, and my opening act had some political jokes. During 2016 and 2017, the audience would kind of look at the ceiling. The jokes...

Benedict Cumberbatch caught on video in heated cycling confrontation over running a red light in London

Benedict Cumberbatch got into a heated exchange with a fellow cyclist in London. The " Doctor Strange " star was caught on video getting off of his bike and confronting an unknown man who accused him of running a red light. "You’re deluded, you’re lying. I was behind you the entire time," the unknown cyclist said in the video. Cumberbatch told the man he was "verbally" abusing him. "Oh no, I verbally abused the guy who completely repeatedly broke the law," the man said. "I did it once," Cumberbatch replied. BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH SORRY HE 'UPSET PEOPLE' WITH COMEDIC NON-BINARY ROLE: 'IT BACKFIRED' WATCH: Benedict Cumberbatch gets into road-rage biking altercation in London   The man then accused Cumberbatch of running two red lights, which the actor denied. The verbal exchange went on for about 10 minutes before the unknown cyclist left the scene and Cumberbatch posed for photos with fans. Fox News Digital reached out to ...