التخطي إلى المحتوى الرئيسي

Wynonna Judd says she and sister Ashley aren't speaking as family pain resurfaces

Wynonna Judd is finally telling her story – even the parts that may be painful for her family to hear.

The country star revealed she and sister Ashley Judd aren’t speaking right now, explaining that the two are not "connected" at the moment and focusing on their separate lives.

"We’re taking a break, which all families can relate to," she told People. "She’s doing her thing, and I’m doing mine."

KELLY OSBOURNE DRAWS A LINE WITH ESTRANGED SISTER AIMEE: 'I DON'T WANT YOU IN MY LIFE'

The revelation comes as Wynonna prepares to release her deeply personal new album Oct. 2, a project that prompted her to confront the complicated relationship she shared with her late mother, Naomi Judd, long-held family secrets and the anger and forgiveness she has wrestled with over the years.

"I feel like this is the most honest and vulnerable I’ve ever been," she told the outlet about writing "The Hard Truth." "It’s there for everyone to hear. So there are some days I think, ‘Oh my God, what have I done?’ And then other days I think, ‘There comes a point in your life when you are ready to tell your testimony.’"

Wynonna co-wrote the album alongside her husband, Cactus Moser. The music producer encouraged her to be vulnerable.

GET ENTERTAINMENT SCOOP DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL BY CLICKING HERE

"I knew it was going to be cathartic," he told the outlet.

Wynonna gained fame as one-half of the mother-daughter duo The Judds, whose close harmonies and roots-driven sound helped define country music in the 1980s. Between 1984 and 1991, they scored 20 Top 10 country hits, including 14 No. 1 singles, and won five Grammy Awards, nine CMA Awards and seven ACM Awards.

But behind The Judds’ remarkable success was a mother-daughter relationship Wynonna described as filled with both deep love and turmoil.

LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

"There was a tremendous amount of love there; a lot of drama but a lot of love as well. It was definitely a paradox," she said.

Part of that complicated dynamic, Wynonna said, stemmed from the struggles her mother faced behind the scenes – and the secrets she felt compelled to keep. Naomi struggled with severe depression for years before her death by suicide in April 2022 at age 76.

"My mother had an illness, she had a disease. I kept the secret, and I was devastated by that," Wynonna explained.

PUT YOUR ENTERTAINMENT KNOWLEDGE TO THE TEST AND SEE HOW YOU SCORE

Wynonna said Naomi’s death wasn’t what gave her the freedom to make such a personal album, insisting she would have told her story even if her mother were still alive.

"I think I would’ve been more determined," she explained. "It’s my story, and it’s my feelings."

Still, Wynonna acknowledged that hearing those feelings laid bare would likely have been difficult for her mother.

"I think it would be very painful for her. Very painful. But I also know that she knows me, that I’m so honest and so up-front."



source https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/wynonna-judd-sister-ashley-arent-speaking-family-pain-resurfaces

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Jacob Rodriguez talks 'special connection' with wife, Emma, a US Army helicopter pilot, ahead of NFL Draft

NFL Draft prospect Jacob Rodriguez is going to have a pretty cool job to tell people about when he’s taken next week by an NFL team to begin his professional football journey. But if you were to ask Rodriguez, his wife, Emma, has the coolest job in the family . "Any time I get the chance to talk about her is the best. Every time I get the chance to tell people what she does for a living, they’re blown away, and rightfully so," Rodriguez told Fox News Digital during a recent interview. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM Emma Rodriguez is a 15A Aviation Officer in the United States Army. She flies the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter. While Jacob was chasing his football dreams at the University of Virginia before transferring to Texas Tech, Emma, his high school sweetheart, was a West Point cadet. So, it only seemed right for them to partner with USAA , the official "Salute to Service" partner of the NFL, ahead of Jacob’s start in pro football to he...

Jim Gaffigan says comedy audiences are tired of political drama and just want to laugh again

Comedian Jim Gaffigan revealed in an interview why he's mostly steering clear of politics in his stand-up material these days. Gaffigan told Variety that comedy fans don’t attend stand-up shows to hear lectures. They go to escape the real world and simply laugh at silly jokes. When the interviewer mentioned the recent crossover between comedy and politics, Gaffigan responded, "People are coming to a show to have a break from some of this drama. That’s not to say there aren’t great comedians who talk about social commentary. The spirit of George Carlin is very important."  And he recalled his political jokes after President Donald Trump's first election victory in 2016 not landing how he'd imagined. COMEDIAN DUSTY SLAY REVEALS HOW FAITH AND SOBRIETY PAVED THE ROAD TO HIS STAND-UP SUCCESS "I remember when Trump was first elected, and my opening act had some political jokes. During 2016 and 2017, the audience would kind of look at the ceiling. The jokes...

Benedict Cumberbatch caught on video in heated cycling confrontation over running a red light in London

Benedict Cumberbatch got into a heated exchange with a fellow cyclist in London. The " Doctor Strange " star was caught on video getting off of his bike and confronting an unknown man who accused him of running a red light. "You’re deluded, you’re lying. I was behind you the entire time," the unknown cyclist said in the video. Cumberbatch told the man he was "verbally" abusing him. "Oh no, I verbally abused the guy who completely repeatedly broke the law," the man said. "I did it once," Cumberbatch replied. BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH SORRY HE 'UPSET PEOPLE' WITH COMEDIC NON-BINARY ROLE: 'IT BACKFIRED' WATCH: Benedict Cumberbatch gets into road-rage biking altercation in London   The man then accused Cumberbatch of running two red lights, which the actor denied. The verbal exchange went on for about 10 minutes before the unknown cyclist left the scene and Cumberbatch posed for photos with fans. Fox News Digital reached out to ...